I have attending a “Health Starts Here” classes at Whole Foods Market for the past 5 weeks. One of the recipes Katherine (our facilitator) shared with us is this simply delicious Berry Crumble Dessert. She made it and we got a chance to taste it. This is soooo yummy!
The whole family will love this! The colors are beautiful and make the perfect dessert to conclude a 4th of July get-together.
2 cups Blueberries
2 cups Strawberries
2 Tablespoon Date Paste
1/2 cup Chopped pecans and walnuts
1. Take the tops off the strawberries and slice.
2. Add blueberries to strawberry slices.
3. Use about 2 tablespoons of date paste
4. Mix it all together with your hands until all the fruit is coated with the date paste.
5. Top the fruit mixture with the chopped nuts.
You might want to top with whipped topping or cashew cream.
1 Cup – Cashews soaked overnight
Enough purified water to make the mixture creamy.
Drain the cashews.
Place the cashews in the blender (Vitamix or Blendtec give the smoothest results)
Add water until the creamy consistency that you want.
Pour over the Berry Crumble.
Have a safe and enjoyable July 4th!!