Here are today’s five thing to know about Tater Tot:
Also: African Heritage & Health Week
Did you know:
- Tater Tots were first invented in 1953 at the Ore-Ida Labs
- Tater Tots literally mean “baby potatoes”; tatter for potato & tots meaning little one
- Americans consume over 70 million pounds or Tots per year.
- According to advertising lectures at Iowa State University, people did not buy it at first because there was no perceived value. When the price was raised, people began buying it.
- When the tater tot product was first produced, there was no name for them. Clora Lay Orton, a young house mother, submitted the name “tater tots” and won the contest held by the owners of Ore-Ida.
Daily Quote:“A man who has nothing to boast of but his ancestors is like a potato – the best part under ground.”~Thomas Overbury
Daily Trivia: Potatoes are the 4th most…
View original post 171 more words