Here are today’s five thing to know about Chocolates:
- Chocolate comes from the Aztec word “xocolatl” which means “bitter water”.
- Switzerland is one of the top countries for chocolate consumption. The Swiss consume about 22 lbs of chocolate, per person, per year.
- Cocoa beans were used as currency by the Mayan and Aztec cultures. Perhaps this is where they saying “Money grows on trees” came from.
- Allowing chocolate to melt in your mouth produces the same or even stronger reactions as passionately kissing.
- Most cocoa comes from West Africa.
Today’s Pinterest Board : Foodimentary
Today’s Food History
- 1627 John Ray (Wray) was born. A leading 17th century English naturalist and botanist. He contributed to the advancement of taxonomy, and established the species as the basic unit of taxonomy.
- 1968 The Who release ‘The Who Sell Out.’ One of my favorite Who albums, with commercials for some real and…
View original post 69 more words