Ideas

Applebee’s Customer Bits Into Slider, Gets Metal Bolt

US Food Safety

An Applebee’s customer in Albuquerque says that when she bit into a slider, her teeth hit a sizable metal bolt.

“She bit into it and got a funny look on her face, and we said, ‘What’s wrong?’ She kind of pulled the slider out of her mouth a little bit and there’s this bolt.”

KOB-TV reports the Applebee’s did comp the family’s meal, though the family argues that the location should have stopped selling sliders then and there. Apparently other people were still served the same meat.

Luckily, the customer was OK. The Consumerist was able to make a little joke here – that she got a free metal bolt with her burger.

But when stories like this one make headlines, we’re always reminded of the nasty, surprise-filled-food past.

Naples Daily News remembers this guy, who chipped his tooth on a bolt he found in his soup at…

View original post 98 more words

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s