I have tried gluten-free cornbread mixes and one thing these gluten-free mixes have in common with regular cornbread mixes have in common is that the final result is soft and sweet, like cake. I don’t like soft, cake-like texture. I was forced to come up with a recipe that ends with a firmer cornbread that will give me dressing that is firm enough to cut into squares. I remember the recipe my mom taught me. I added my own touch to make this recipe mine.
Glenda’s Gluten-Free Cornbread
2 cups Yellow Cornmeal
1 cup yellow corn flour
2 teaspoons Aluminum Free Baking Powder
2 eggs or 1/2 cup of Eggbeaters (R)
1 cup almond milk
1/4 cup olive oil
How to put it all together:
1. Put all dry ingredients together in a bowl
2. Combine all wet ingredients into another bowl.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients slowly. Stir by hand or use a hand mixer until all the dry ingredients
4. Add water to make the consistency you want.
5. Pour ! Tbsp olive in the pan you will the cornbread in. Spread the olive over the entire bottom of the pan.
6. Pour the cornbread mixture in the pan into the 300 degrees pre-heated oven until brown. Approximately 30 minutes.
Once done, let the cornbread cool down.